Peruvian Opal Chip earrings

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Madebymags
    Participant

As we are in the month of October, it seemed appropriate to design some more handmade jewellery in Scarborough. The jewellery vault in the Scarborough Market Vaults. So a few new pairs of earrings based on one of the October birthstones are now being designed.

I have chosen the very versatile Opal in the form of these very pretty Peruvian Opal chips. Making the perfect handmade jewellery in Scarborough for October.

With the naturally random look of beaded chip jewellery, the assortment of colour shades is lovely, blending very well together. A warm and soft look was easily achieved.

I was so pleased with these chips when they arrived and wanted to make them into a few different earring styles, so here they are, available to wear 5 ways!

So, whether you prefer a small drop stud or ear wires in gold, rose gold or silver colour, we have a pair to suit you.

I have enjoyed making these, hope you like them too.

If you wish to visit my website feel free to do so CLICK HERE

Opal is a hydrated amorphous form of silica (SiO2·nH2O); its water content may range from 3 to 21% by weight, but is usually between 6 and 10%. Because of its amorphous character, it is classed as a mineraloid, unlike crystalline forms of silica, which are classed as minerals. It is deposited at a relatively low temperature and may occur in the fissures of almost any kind of rock, being most commonly found with limonitesandstonerhyolitemarl, and basalt. Opal is the national gemstone of Australia.[

There are two broad classes of opal: precious and common. Precious opal displays play-of-color (iridescence), common opal does not.[5] Play-of-color is defined as “a pseudochromatic optical effect resulting in flashes of colored light from certain minerals, as they are turned in white light.”[6] The internal structure of precious opal causes it to diffract light, resulting in play-of-color. Depending on the conditions in which it formed, opal may be transparent, translucent or opaque and the background color may be white, black or nearly any color of the visual spectrum. Black opal is considered to be the rarest, whereas white, gray and green are the most common.

handmade jewellery in Scarborough Visit me at facebook.

[siteorigin_widget class="BP_Extended_User_Groups_Widget"][/siteorigin_widget]
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password